Betsy Loeb

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 posts - 91 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Week One Essay Question #76995
    Betsy Loeb
    Participant

    In terms of my “shrine”. I’ve had it for a little over a year. The following items are placed on top of a 2-drawer Thread storage that used to be in my grandfather’s & then father’s store: carved hands holding the world (made in Ghana that I once visited); a beautiful vase that once belonged to my mom; 2 Femo carved children made by my oldest daughter; a Lotus candle holder given to me by a meditator who lives in Pittsburgh; Mala beads that belonged to a local Sangha member who died about 5 years ago; an incense holder; a woven small piece that I made about 20 years ago and lastly a photo of Pema Chodron.

    I’m still pondering my lineage. I want to feel it out. Currently included is: (on right) Pema Chodron & Susan; (on left): my parents, grandparents (who I never knew), my daughters and 3 grandsons, Southern Jews, my yoga instructor, teachers, mothers, and folks with humor!!

    in reply to: Week One Essay Question #76994
    Betsy Loeb
    Participant

    I’ve not heard the term “4th site”…but I like the idea of learning from anyone that may find themselves in that “category”. Thank you, Betsy

    in reply to: Please introduce yourself #76949
    Betsy Loeb
    Participant

    Hello, Everyone! My name is Betsy Loeb. I live in Columbus, OH (40 years) and lived on east coast (14 years) and Louisiana near New Orleans (21 years). Yes, I just turned 75 years in January. Turning 75 years has had a de-stabilizing impact on me. I have been part of the local Shambhala community for over 10 years and with OHP, 4-6 years. I’m delighted to be part of this program. I’m longing to deepen my spiritual practice. For some reason I think that I don’t approach life full-on, but more 1/2 way. I want to change that approach to life. with gratitude to Susan for offering this “deep dive”.

Viewing 3 posts - 91 through 93 (of 93 total)

We have so much to share with you

Get a new meditation from me every Monday morning