Susan Crowley

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What goes into your ritual? #88544
    Susan Crowley
    Participant

    What goes into my ritual is a work in progress. Recently, I set up a long, low table (similar to Susan’s that I see in her background in videos), and I kept it simple with a roud pot of succulents and 3 small ceramic vessels, both of which good friends gave to me. The rest of the table is clear- as I like most of my home and mind to be!
    For zoom group meditations, I put my laptop there.
    It is along an east-facing window that looks out to the lake I live on.
    I have my yoga mat rolled out and my cushion in position.

    My home has Buddha statues from my son’s travels in India and Southeast Asia, although I have deliberately chosen not to add them to the area.

    My home also has a small singing bowl on the coffee table. I use this to stop myself mid-step as I go about my day- I tap, stop my actons, and resume when I no longer hear the resonation. It allows me to slow down and put the moment into perspective, which is strikingly effective.

    Susan C.

    in reply to: What goes into your ritual? #88541
    Susan Crowley
    Participant

    Jen,
    I’m learning from you already! What goes into your ritual is rick and meaningful, and I’d suppose it contributes much to deepen your practice. It seems like a place you want to go each day, and spend time there!
    My question for you is how long have you had this meditation practice? Did you create ritual right away? Or, has it taken time (if this, how much time?) to settle into this space?
    Thank you.
    Susan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

We have so much to share with you

Get a new meditation from me every Monday morning